Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bee Removalists

Bee removalists need to be careful to not destroy the environment more than what it already is. There are many that are not contributing to the economy like they propose. With the large amount of new bee removalists to the area, there should be more bees being preserved and relocated. However, a number of them are killing the bees instead of saving them--to cut costs and save time. One very well known bee removalist told me, "I have too many jobs per day to try to save them. I used to save them back in the day, but I have increased my income by exterminating them."

What does that do for the Sacramento area? It kills many possible hives and splits for the future. It can possible damage the ecosystem of our area. I have looked at it in a number of ways. To preserve the bees, (a) helps me to have more work in the future, (b) helps farmers who depend on bees for pollinization, (c) helps city dwellers that need bees to pollinate their fruit trees, and (d) keeps the cost down of crops that are dependent on pollinization.

What can we do to help? Let our congressman hear of this. Speak to area Beekeepers Associations. Request the Agricultural Commissioner to intercede in this area that they have left almost untouched. They presume that everyone is doing Bee Removal correctly.

No comments: